About the Celebration School of Fine Arts Program
Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who are equipped and released to skillfully use their art to transform lives for the glory of God.
Private instrumental and voice lessons are available year round for children (ages 5 and up) and adults residing throughout the Greater New Orleans area. The instrumental lessons we offer are piano, guitar, drums, percussion, bass, woodwinds, and brass. Tuition is $90 per month for a 30-minute private lesson per week. Lesson days and times are flexible. Please see the policies and application links at the bottom of this page.
Special Thanks to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival for their support.
Students who attend Crescent City Christian School have the following additional opportunities to grow as creative artists in the areas of instrumental & vocal music, theater, and visual arts.
- Band (Middle & High School Bands) – Students learn in a group setting during the school day to read music by playing a selected brass, woodwind or percussion instrument. Costs include: a. $20 Band Book b. Instrument Rental Fee of $100 per year ($50 per semester) or c. instrument purchase (if preferred)
- Elementary Choir (1st-4th grade) – Performance choir meets for rehearsal 1x per week after school. $25 registration fee per semester.
- Elementary Music Appreciation Classes (Pk3-4th grade) – Students develop an appreciation for instrumental and vocal music while studying its fundamentals during the school day.
- Group Piano Classes (available 4th-12th grade) – Students learn to play the piano in a small group setting. 45min weekly/$80 per month/during the school day/class credit earned.
- Group Guitar Classes (available 4th-12th grade) – Students learn to play the acoustic guitar in a small group setting. 45min weekly/$80 per month/during the school day/class credit earned.
- Theater Classes – Students learn during school day the fundamentals of acting, public speaking, music, song, dance and set design for student-led productions.
- Visual Arts Classes – Students learn during the school day the fundamentals of creating visual art from a variety of mediums & techniques.
- Middle School & High School Worship Teams – Student instrumental and vocal ensembles that lead weekly student chapel worship. Meets during the school day for rehearsal classes.
- Music Appreciation & Theory Class – Middle and High School students develop an appreciation for music while studying its cultural role and theoretical fundamentals during the school day.
For more info, contact Fine Arts Director: Dwight Fitch Jr. at email@example.com or 504-272-4156.
Dwight Fitch Jr., Fine Arts Director
Dwight was born and raised in New Orleans. Musical studies began at age nine as a classical pianist. His training has continued in both the classical and jazz genres with a Master of Music Degree from the University of New Orleans. Upon having a life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ, Dwight has continued to serve as a worship leader for the Celebration Church Metairie/New Orleans campus since 1999 while working as an active professional pianist, vocalist, composer and educator throughout the greater New Orleans area. Dwight can be heard on his debut CD release, “For Those Who Believe.”